What is Bed Wars?
Bedwars is similar to Egg Wars on Cube Craft. Essentially there are four teams and each try to be the last team standing. In order to eliminate teams you must first break their bed. Once your bed is broken you don’t respawn anymore. Once just one team is left remaining then the game is over and that team is declared the winner.
How to Play
Bedwars now has it’s own lobby! You can find it by using the in-game NPC’s or type the command: /lobby bed wars
There are currently four different game modes. Solo, Doubles, Teams of 3, and Teams of 4.
Bedwars is a game in which if a teams bed breaks then the players on that team don’t respawn and, once they die, are eliminated from the game.
Certain events will occur during the Bedwars game. These events are designed to help the game speed up and end quicker (each event happens x amount of time after the previous one).
- After 5 minutes the Diamonds Generators will upgrade to Tier II
- +6 minutes the Emerald Generators will upgrade to Tier II
- +6 minutes the Diamond Generators will max out at Tier III
- +6 minutes the Emerald Generators will max out at Tier III
- +6 minutes bed destruction occurs and every team loses their bed
- +10 minutes Sudden Death begins and the dragons spawn in
- +1o minutes is the game ends in a tie and nobody wins
A new system for unlocking cosmetics has been added to Bedwars. This system is based off experience and leveling up to unlock loot chests. Here is what it says on the official update release:
Stats are now recorded for Bed Wars, and can be seen by interacting with the Stats NPC in the lobby. We’ve added Bed Wars levels; The more you play Bed Wars, the more you will level up. Every time you level up you’ll receive a Bed Wars Loot Chest containing in-game cosmetics to unlock. If you hit level 100, you will move to the next prestige level and gain new cosmetic display options.
New exclusive cosmetics have been added to Bedwars. These range from Arrow trails to Island Toppers. Most importantly, these will not effect the gameplay of Bedwars, simply the way things look. Here is a list of the different types of cosmetics (images coming soon):
Add particles trails to your projectiles
Special dances that happen when you or your team win a game
Final Kill Effects
Adds a special effect that takes place when you “FINAL KILL” another player
Spray a custom-image onto the walls of the map
Adds a custom built topper to your starting island
Play a custom noise when you die
Customizes the skin of your shopkeepers
Change all your kill messages to custom ones
Spawn a custom image glyph above your head
When you join a game of Bedwars you start with a few items.
- Wooden Sword
- Tracking Compass
- Shows your nearest alive teammate
- During sudden death, it shows the nearest enemy
- Right-click to change what team you are tracking
- Armor (will be the same color as your team)
- Leather Helmet
- Enchanted with Aqua Affinity I
- Leather Chestplate
- Leather Leggings
- Leather Boots
- Leather Helmet
There are two shops in Bedwars, the “Item Shop” and the “Team Upgrades” shop.
In the Item Shop you can buy items for Iron, Gold, and Emeralds. This shop contains things to mostly aid a single player, but there are some things that can aid the whole team. This shop includes the categories Blocks, Armor, Tools, Weapons, Bows, Potions, and Utilities as seen below.
In the Team Upgrades shop you can only buy things for Diamonds. The things you can buy aid your entire team in one way or another.
NOTE: Still gathering information about Singles/Doubles prices, all prices of items in table are accurate
There are three different maps for Bedwars (see below). Each of these maps has four starting islands, four diamond generator islands, and two emerald generators in the middle island.
Treenan – No Image Available
- 4v4v4v4 Bug Fixes
- Two New Maps
- Balanced some aspects of the game
- Many Bug Fixes
- Solo and Doubles modes added
- TNT updated
- Reduced the amount of direct damage TNT does to players
- Customized knockback allows players to use TNT to clear an area or boost jump
- Placing multiple TNT in the same area will cause TNT to spread out and clear even the largest of player structures
- Added a new mob: Icefish
- Cost: 50 Iron
- Limited to 5 active per player
- These little critters are covered in snow and are great for throwing at bridging enemies. If you hit a block, you spawn a silverfish which can distract opponents
- Added an AFK system
- When a player is AFK for more than 4 minutes they will be giving a 10 seconds warning then removed from the game and drop their resources. If a player does come back they can rejoin the game using the rejoin feature
- Iron Golems are now limited to 2 per player, rather than 3 per team
- Bug Fixes
- Added two new maps, one for solo/doubles and one for teams
- Revamped the Pernicious map for solo/doubles mode.
- Added three new maps for solo/doubles mode
- Normal chests in each teams base have been locked until that teams bed is destroyed
- Reduced shout cooldown to 60 seconds from 90
- Added quick communication menu when right clicking on the compass
- Revamped deathmatch, improved Enderdragon player targeting and added a Dragon Buff team upgrade to the shop
- Added team tracker to the Quick Communications menu for 2 Emeralds
- General Balance Changes
- Removed starting permanent Wooden Pickaxe and replaced it with a permanent Wooden Sword
- Increased spawn invincibility to 3 seconds
- Fireballs can no longer destroy Sandstone or Endstone
- Enderdragons can now destroy all blocks, including Endstone and Obsidian
- Added 3 seconds of Slowness 1 to the Tripwire team upgrade
- Removed Wooden Sword from the shop
- Shears cost reduced to 30 Iron
- Added Unenchanted Wood Pickaxe for 10 Iron
- Reduced Stone Pickaxe to 20 Iron and changed to Efficiency I
- Iron Sword reduced to 7 Gold
- Stone Sword reduced to 10 Iron
- Increased Fireball cost to 50 Iron
- Increased TNT cost to 5 Gold
- Added Dragon Buff team upgrade
Resource and Generator Changes
- Solo and Doubles max Emerald generator stack has been reduced from 3 Emeralds to 2
- Solo and Doubles Emerald generator timer has been reduces
- General Changes
- Moved Bed Wars from the Prototype Lobby to its own lobby, accessed via the Game Menu, Lobby NPCs or the /lobby command
- Added stats tracking for all game modes
- Added leaderboards with top 10 and personal scores
- Added a full cosmetics shop in lobby
- Added leveling system
- Added Bed Wars Loots Chests
- Added 9 types of in-game cosmetics
- Added 10 new maps
- Fixed and re-added Crypt, a previously removed map
- Added achievements
- Added challenges
- Fixed many reported issues with maps and block misplacement.
- Fixed typos in text in certain places.
- Fixed issue where the compass menu could be opened after the game ended.
- Fixed issue where players could damage their own team’s Iron Golems with a bow.
- Fixed issue where players would die and sometimes keep items.
- Fixed issue where sometimes death messages would display multiple times.
- Fixed issue where NPCs would sometimes be invisible.
- Fixed issue where Silverfish would take fall damage.
- Made improvements to the player tracker.
- Fireballs now have a cooldown of 0.5s to prevent collision.
- Fireballs will no longer damage teammates.
- Quick Comms can no longer be used in solo games.
- General Changes
- Fixed an issue causing some players to not appear in tab after respawning.
- Fixed an issue causing nametags to show when using invisibility potions.
- Fixed an issue where dying with a spray can would prevent you having a spray can for the remainder of the game.
- Fixed an issue where you could shoot a teammate and display their health.
- Fixed an issue where TNT could be used after the game ended.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes caused animated NPC’s to not be animated.
- Fixed an issue where death messages would sometimes repeat.
- Fixed an issue where you would lose items in an ender chest if you died while having it open.
- Fixed a bug/exploit that would allow a player to have multiple clients connected to the same game.
- Fixed multiple issues with quests and achievements not being rewarded or correct.
- Fixed an issue with challenges being rewarded at incorrect times.
- Fixed an issue with the compass tracker lore being incorrect.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Cacti to be broken.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Skulls to be broken.
- Fixed an issue that would cause an ender pearl to be thrown if it was next to your compass.
- Fixed an issue that would allow the weekly quest reward to be multiplied with the group party.
- Fixed an issue that would cause spectators to still have team colors in tab.
- Fixed an issue with potions sometimes using the incorrect language.
- Fixed an issue where items could be shift-clicked into your inventory but were not actually there.
- Fixed an issue where players could rubberband after jumping off.
- Fixed an issue where players could accidentally drop items behind the shop keeper and never get them back.
- Fixed an issue where players would keep items as spectators after death.
- Fixed an issue where players may encounter blocks of the ghost kind.
- Fixed an issue where the scoreboard and chat countdown may become out of sync.
- Fixed an issue where team upgrades wouldn’t always apply.
- Fixed an issue allowing the use of /shout in solo games.
- Addressed an issue where players would level, but not receive their appropriate level rewards.
- Addressed an issue where players may not receive experience for completing quests.
- Added the game stats link at the end of the game.
- Changed the Scream glyph as it was the same as the Creeper Glyph.
- Wool is known for block warps
Thanks to the Minecraft Wiki and Hypixel.net for some of the images on this page!